Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Everyday Crochet

My Works in Progress


Over the last few years I have picked back up my crochet hooks, and gotten inspired to create my own designs.  I have focused on fairly quick projects since I don't have much time (or patience) these days.

Here are some pics of recently created items:

Red cowl and headwrap



Here I am :) modeling a lovely red cowl and headwrap.  Perfect for staying warm while looking stylish!

I made a few variations of this set around Valentine's day last year and they were a hit!




Headwrap and Infinity Scarf



I made this set for my daughter Caitlin as a gift.  The infinity scarf just about reaches the floor when not looped around her neck.  She loves wearing it in all different lengths and loops.  The head-wrap keeps her ears warm without messing up her "do".  I used a curly multi-colored yarn for this project, and it matches just about anything.




Scoodie





For my daughter Lindsay, I made a "scoodie", which is a hooded scarf.  This design also has convenient pockets.  She runs around the WVU Morgantown campus with this versatile yet beautiful piece.  She can leave the hood down, wrap the scarf around her neck, put her hands in the pockets or her phone.  It's very flexible, and she loves it!










I will post more designs soon!  I also love mixing recycled materials with crochet to create new things out of old clothes.  Some of my favorites use old jeans to create handbags and headbands.  The possibilities are endless, so visit my blog again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment