Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Crochet Chemo Caps

Crochet 411 Pattern: JC Basic
Cap in Cream with Red Rosette
I've gotten into crocheting for cancer patients over the last several months, and have received some great feedback from the recipients of my chemo caps.

Important to note if you're going to make these caps: use soft, stretchy, breathable yarn, and use a close stitch (like single crochet) so they can't be seen through.

Here is the pattern (pdf) for the "JC Basic Cap", which fits, stretches, breathes and generally works well for most women. I've made several versions using this as the base, and they've been a hit with the patients.

I'll post more chemo cap pictures and patterns soon, as well as embellishments for them. Follow my blog to receive post notices.

JC Basic Cap in Red
This is a great cause, and it's very rewarding to make someone's day who is sick and suffering.

There are many ways you can participate. I am donating mine to a cancer center in California through my Dad who is having radiation treatments there.

Call and ask your local hospitals for information on making donations.

There is also an organization that collects and donates them that you can send to: check out Crochet for Cancer for info and resources.






No comments:

Post a Comment